Flavoring is an essential aspect of the bakery industry, as it allows for the creation of a wide variety of baked goods with different tastes and textures. There are many types of flavoring ingredients and techniques that can be used in the bakery industry, depending on the specific product and desired flavor profile. Here are some common types of flavoring used in the bakery industry.
- Natural flavors: Natural flavors are derived from natural sources such as fruits, spices, and herbs. These flavors are commonly used in baked goods such as cakes, cookies, and bread. Natural flavors can be used to add sweetness, tanginess, or other characteristics to baked goods.
- Artificial flavors: Artificial flavors are created by combining synthetic ingredients to mimic natural flavors. Artificial flavors can be used in baked goods to provide a consistent flavor profile and to create new and unique flavor combinations.
- Extracts: Extracts such as vanilla, almond, and lemon are commonly used in the bakery industry to add flavor to baked goods. Extracts can be used in small amounts to add a subtle flavor or in larger amounts to create a more pronounced flavor profile.
- Spices: Spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger can be used to add warmth and depth of flavor to baked goods. Spices can be used alone or in combination with other flavors to create unique flavor profiles.
- Sweeteners: Sweeteners such as sugar, honey, and maple syrup are often used in baked goods to add sweetness and enhance their flavor. Sweeteners can also be used in combination with other flavors to balance their taste.
- Emulsions: Emulsions are water-based flavorings that are commonly used in baked goods such as cakes and frostings. Emulsions are stable and can provide a more pronounced flavor than extracts.
Overall, flavoring is an essential component of the bakery industry, as it allows for the creation of a wide variety of baked goods with different tastes and textures. By carefully selecting and blending different types of flavoring ingredients and techniques, bakers can create products that are both delicious and appealing to consumers.
Flavorcan’s flavor systems and team members are versatile enough to integrate with practically any baked good or flavor pairing. We specialize in adding a whole new dimension to your recipe, it is our team’s job.
Applications & Flavors
Green Chile & Cheddar Shortbread
Habanero, Bacon & Havarti Soft Pretzel
Ham, Kimchi & Sriracha Croissant
Lemon, Cayenne & Parsley Gougeres (cheese puffs)
Meatless Meatball Stuffed Pockets
Miso & Butterscotch in a Cookie Filling
Mushroom & Gorgonzola Breadsticks
Olive, Herb & Romano Twists
Pastel de Carne
Pistachio Rose Muffin
Rosemary & Avocado Quick Bread
Sour Cream, Chives & Fried Egg Scones
Sweet Potato Challah
Apple Pie with Cheddar Cheese & Aji Amarillo Peppers
Black Sesame & Miso Croissant
Blue Cheese & Pecan Crackers
Cauliflower Crusted Calzones
Chipotle & Mango Empanada
Dijon Mustard & Gruyere Croquette
Gochujang Dinner Rolls
Flavorcan Bakery Select Flavors